The Jersey-girl-in-Florida, Video-game-loving (video-game-tattoo-branded), Diehard-Disney-and-Seahawks-Fan – The incomparable:
Social Media Links:
Official Site & Blog: http://someonereadthis.com
Amazon Purchase Links and/or Author Central Profile Site:
The Breadwinner Purchase Link: http://www.amazon.com/Breadwinner-Trilogy-Stevie-Kopas-ebook/dp/B00EF95ORQ/
Haven Purchase Link: http://www.amazon.com/Haven-Breadwinner-Trilogy-Stevie-Kopas-ebook/dp/B00IFWIC3M/
Stevie Kopas Amazon Author Profile: http://www.amazon.com/Stevie-Kopas/e/B00EX6VU3S/
The Breadwinner Trilogy (Books 1 & 2)
Blurb: The end of the world is not glamorous. In a matter of days the human race was reduced to nothing more than vicious, flesh hungry creatures. This three part story takes you into the world of the survivors, coming from different generations and different sides of the tracks, they all share one thing in common: who you once were can no longer determine who you will be in the face of catastrophe. Samson, a once wealthy and powerful criminal defense attorney struggles to keep his family safe and keep his sanity intact when the world comes apart at the seams. Veronica, the high school track star races to get her brother out of the city and into the safety of Franklin Woods. Along the way we come across the struggles of finding solace, finding out who you really are, and making decisions in a post apocalyptic world. The Breadwinner is a three part story and the first book in a planned series that will leave you craving more.
Blurb: The end of the world is not glamorous. The survivors of The Breadwinner have barely escaped the clutches of the undead and are headed into the unknown, continuing their never ending search for solace in the post-apocalyptic landscape they were suddenly thrust into. The city of Haven, once a paradise for the living, but now crawling with the flesh hungry creatures they try so hard to elude, could be their only chance. Resume your post-apocalyptic survival adventure with Veronica, Samson and Ben as they struggle with hope and loss, and as they battle the futility of existence. Take on a new experience as you find yourself once more at the beginning, thrown into the depths of the end of the world with new survivors. Join Michelle and Lulu, ordinary women faced with extraordinary obstacles on their devastating journey and the pursuit of sanctuary in a world collapsed. Haven continues the story of The Breadwinner with the addition of new territory, new characters, and new complications. The second book in The Breadwinner Trilogy will leave you stunned and bloodthirsty for the conclusion of the series. Who you once were still does not determine who you will become in the face of catastrophe, especially in Haven.
Stevie Kopas was born and raised in Perth Amboy, New Jersey. She is a gamer, a writer and an apocalypse enthusiast. Stevie will never turn down a good cup of coffee and might even be a bit of a caffeine addict. Stevie is the author of The Breadwinner Trilogy. Book 1, The Breadwinner, was released in July 2013 and Book 2, Haven was released in February of 2014. She currently resides in Panama City Beach, Florida and tries to spend as much time as she can in the sun. Stevie is also the managing editor of the website horrormetalsounds.com and a writer for the site. She is an avid reader of horror and post-apocalyptic fiction (especially zom-poc) and writes reviews for The Bookie Monster.
Fun Facts about Stevie!
- I’m a sales manager by day and an author by night…or whatever other time that I’m not at my real job…I typically work 50+ hours
- I have two dogs, Sidney, a greyhound/lab mix, and Fedor, a yorkie. They are my lazy babies.
- If I’m not writing, I’m obsessively playing video games
- 3 of my 9 tattoos are video game related; 2 from Bioshock and 1 from Fallout
- I am the managing editor and also a writer for the website HorrorMetalSounds.com
- I absolutely love to read and I do reviews for The Bookie Monster
- I hold the secret to time travel and life’s pause button, that’s how I manage to accomplish all that I do on a daily basis
- All of my characters in my books are named after characters from video games
- I love to sing and I have been in quite a few bands over the years. I plan on releasing a book later this year called “Life, Lyrically”, a collection of all the songs I’ve written
- I am a complete and total Disney Freak and I make it a point to go to Disney AT LEAST once a year.
- I was raised a Seattle Seahawks fan and I cried like a baby when they won the Super Bowl this year
- I love the fact that I’m a Jersey Girl living in Florida, I’ll always be a Jersey Girl, I love where I’m from and where I grew up, I still love to visit….but there is not enough money in the whole world that you could pay me to move back.
- I donate money in people’s names to worthy causes at Christmas time instead of buying gifts
- There are two things worse than an apocalyptic scenario that could happen to me…no more coffee, and no more wine
Stevie Kopas encompasses the dedication it takes to make it in the Indie Author world- the ‘stick to it’ attitude that motivates her to work 50+ hour weeks and then spend every night type, type, typing away on her laptop to create stories that captivate and entertain her readers, showing the apocalypse from her unique and sometimes rough-edged perspective (with a carry-through that shines in her formatting and clean edits). I’ve only read a sample of her first two books in the Breadwinner Trilogy, but I plan to delve in deeper and enjoy Kopas as a proficient, prophetic author.
Wednesday, the blog will host author Armand Rosamilia, a hell of a guy I’m proud to know.